Friday, July 27, 2007

Questions to Raphael Tuju on Kass FM - 27 Jul 2007

Thank you for finding time to visit Kass FM. I didn't hear all the talk but I guess it was enjoyable and enlightening. I'd have liked to ask you but was late for the link through Washington. Anyhow let me ask you some apolitical questions.
  • How effective is your ministry marketing Kenya? I say this because although I see a lot of our athletes running all over the world, I hardly see miniature Kenyan flags being waved by fans as they cheer them. Why is it not made a policy that when they leave the country to participate in those sports meetings abroad, the government provides miniature Kenyan flags to be given to the crowd. Occasionally I see South African flags even when they don't have any participant. Wouldn't it be wise to take advantage of our Kalenjin and Kenyan athletes to improve the face of Kenya? Does your ministry recognise the marketing potential in our athletes, say even wearing a www.magicalkenya.com branded tee-shirt during their victory laps (if this does not infringe on the sponsorship territory of course)?
  • Just next door to me is a shop with the name "Hakuna Matata". I will forgive you for thinking it belongs to me or a Kenyan! It is owned by a South African! I hardly see Kenyan tea and coffee here while I can drink Tanzania and Uganda tea! What is happening to Kenyan marketing strategies?
  • Where is the Kenyan much hyped dress for example? Some of us would like to step out in it but we can't buy it abroad.
  • In spite of you being a computer literate and competent person, why are these products not available on the internet? What does your ministry do to ensure that Kenya takes advantage of ecommerce.
  • I will ask you a question I always want to ask every MP: Why are you not paying your taxes as an MP?
Ahsante

No comments:

Search Nandi Kaburwo