Friday, March 03, 2006

Mama I owe it to you!

Dedicated to my Mama, 65 years, for the patience and grace.

You bore our twin burden in pregnancy,
ignoring the advice for abortion,
you were overcome by anticipation,
not knowing what we were,
you pulled through till our birth,
Mama I owe my life to you.

In labour alone you agonized,
the pangs too sharp to bear you fainted,
at my maiden feeble cry you awoke,
joyfully embracing your twin blessing,
eyes flooded with tears of motherhood.

When we were hungry you knew,
thirst or cold wasn't difficult to know,
when we were wet or soiled you cleaned us,
you chewed and gave us food to swallow,
you taught us speech and mama we spoke first,
I would never repay you enough,
Mama I owe my life to you.

Seronei arap Chelulei Cheison

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quite exceptional , worth a praise.
elicits emotions to think how you were when you were young.

whoiam said...

your warm tribute,honoring your mother is so much better than the trite, commercial,maudlin poems one sees on many mothers day cards here in the US

Search Nandi Kaburwo